What is a heat exchanger?
A heat exchanger is a device used to exchange heat between one or more heat carriers. Heat sinks may be separated by tubes or plates to prevent mixing or direct contact between the heat carriers.
Heat exchanger between two media:
– Liquid – liquid.
– Gas (vapour) – gas (vapour).
– Liquid – gas (vapour)
Heat exchanger or heat exchanger can also be called condenser, or cooler, heater, or dryer (depending on the intended use). There, the fluids (liquid or gas-vapour) exchange heat with each other not directly, but through intermediate compartments and walls (structured in the form of plates, or tubes, beams, spirals). ,…)
Classification of heat exchangers:
Classification of heat exchangers based on structure:
From the structure of the compartments, the intermediate walls are divided into corresponding types of condensers. The following common types of condenser may be available:
– Air-cooled heat exchanger.
– Heat exchanger in the form of coils and tubes.
– Beam tube heat exchanger (re-divided name according to shape and use).
– Plate heat exchanger (hermetic, gasket type, semi-welded type).
– Gas – gas heat exchanger (air drying, waste heat recovery,…).
Classification of heat exchangers by application
Usually a heat exchanger is used to exchange heat between two substances with different temperatures. However, in many applications the same device can be used to exchange heat between multiple media.
Typical examples are heat exchange between steam, water, glycol, and milk and juice in heating and pasteurization applications.
According to the shape of the heat transfer surface
Common heat transfer surface shapes include:
– Smooth surface (bare tube).
– Fined tube. –
– Chevron herringbone plate surface.
According to the flow pattern
If the heat exchanger is classified based on the flow, it can be classified into 3 flows:
– Type 1 pass.
– Multi sections.
Application of heat exchanger:
- Ship industry:
Water heating using steam, steam, vacuum condensing, camshaft oil cooling, seawater central cooling system, oil cooling.
- Textile industry: Heat recovery in the washing and washing process.
- Industrial refrigeration system:
Evaporating or condensing gas NH3, Refrigerant Gas R32, R407.
- Chemical industry:
– EO/EG heat exchanger, VOC condenser.
– High pressure and high temperature waste heat recovery system,
– Ethanol condensing system, heating, cooling and condensing a variety of liquids such as sulfuric acid, nitric acid, acrylic acid, fatty acids.
- Power industry:- Heat exchanger used to cool turbine oil using lake water, spring water.
– Central water heating system, quick hot water generator using steam.
– Interconcepter building pressure reducing device uses heat exchanger.
– Chiller heat recovery system.
– Solar system heat exchanger, heat pump.
- Paper industry:
Waste heat recovery, paper color…
- Gas and coal: Cooling of ammonia, benzene, heating or heat recovery of CO2 evaporation.
- Food and beverage: Heat exchangers are commonly used in the food and beverage industry. Due to the requirements of product heating or cooling, heat exchangers can be used to pasteurize, sterilize, and preserve food and beverages such as milk, beer, and beverage.
Above is the basic information about heat exchanger. If you need advice on industrial boilers, please contact KS Boiler for a free consultation.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Địa chỉ văn phòng: Số 9A, Đường 73, KDC Tân Quy Đông, Phường Tân Phong, Quận 7, HCM..