What is a multi-fuel fluidized bed boiler?
Fluidized bed boiler is also known as multi-fuel CFB. This type of furnace has fuel that is burned in a single layer or in a boiling state with hot solid particles that do not burn. Using a fluidized bed boiler will help avoid the problems that fossil fuel furnaces often face. Moreover, due to the high cost of raw materials when using other types of furnaces, but the fluidized bed boiler is capable of burning even poor-quality fuels, so it is completely natural for businesses to prefer to use this type of furnace. easy to understand.
The concept of “fluid bed” can be understood in general as a region of space created by solid particles (burning materials) such as sand, ash, coal, limestone… They will be raised in a suspended state. suspended in the combustion chamber due to the pressure of the air stream. Accordingly, the layer of material in the combustion chamber will be in an expanded state, the contact between the air and the fuel is also greatly increased. The particles are free to move and boil like a liquid in this state and is called the fluidized bed or fluidized layer.
This is a new combustion technology developed and applied by pioneering companies in the field of industrial boilers in Vietnam recently. Bringing an extremely great efficiency in the use of waste by-products in the agricultural and forestry industries such as rice husks, sawdust… The outstanding feature of fluidized bed boilers is high boiler efficiency, up to 85%, easy to operate, can be tailored to have a very wide capacity range from 1 to 50 tons/hour.
What are the types of fluidized bed boilers?
Fluidized bed boilers have many forms, depending on the needs of use. However, there are two common types of fluidized bed boilers:
– Foam fluidized bed boiler (bubble fluidized bed): This type of boiler has a thickness of bubble fluid usually in the range of 1000 mm to 1650 mm, the average pressure drop is about 1cm of water/1cm of thickness boiling layer. The composition for the material layer consists of: sand, ash, limestone, other materials and a small amount of fuel. Foam fluidized bed furnaces can be divided into modules or sections to reduce loads or change loads easily. With such a design, we can use or stop using an area as needed. Typically, zones are divided by water-cooled bulkheads or heat-resistant bulkheads. In order to control the load, when the fluidized bed boiler has to stop in many zones continuously for a long time, we will have to use a lot of extra fuel to be able to maintain the temperature of the material layer. However, foam fluidized bed boilers also have a limitation that is low combustion efficiency, high ratio of Calcium and Sulfur, unless there is a partition on the bottom of the combustion chamber, otherwise, the degree of boiler load change is still limited. . It is necessary to use a feeding system from below the fluidized bed to prevent the coal with small particle size from being left out, not burning completely, causing the furnace to have a very complicated structure.
– Circulating fluidized bed boiler: with the working principle added to the fluidized bed combustion process, a separator is responsible for separating completely burned particles from unburnt particles when these particles escape. from the boiling layer in the combustion chamber. Therefore, this type of boiler is considered as an improvement of the foam fluidized bed boiler. With this type of boiler, the fuel will be mixed with the fluidized bed material quickly by turbulent motion.
What are the characteristics of a multi-fuel fluidized bed boiler?
– Currently, most types of fluidized bed boilers are designed to operate at an automatic or semi-automatic level from feeding, steam pressure adjustment, tight control of damage and hazards. Helps to monitor and control the boiler remotely by connecting to phones and computers… All of the above factors help to reduce operator labor, helping to operate the boiler safely and modernly.
– In fluidized bed boilers, modern and reliable control sensors make the boiler operate stably without pressure fluctuations or pressure drops.
– Type of fluidized bed boiler (FCB) in general, it uses fuel economy, high economic efficiency, and environmental friendliness that is superior to other types of industrial boilers.
– Having the flexibility to convert and use different fuels, which is very useful when the fuel sources depend on the season. For example, the coffee harvest season is from October to December, the source of coffee skin is abundant. In the main rice crops, the price of husks will be abundant and cheaper…
– Multi-fuel fluidized bed boiler can burn almost all solid fuels such as agricultural wastes and by-products such as coal bran, sawdust, rice husks, coffee shells, cashew shells, etc.
– The fluidized bed boiler is durable, the reliability of this type of boiler is very high, reducing the cost and time of maintenance.
– Fluidized bed boilers burn liquid fuel, so they have a large volumetric heat, helping to start and increase capacity quickly.
– Multi-fuel-burning fluidized bed boilers are equipped with advanced high-performance multi-stage dust filter devices, which automatically helps to clean exhaust gas before being discharged into the environment.
Application of multi-fuel fired fluidized bed boiler
General boiler and fluidized bed boiler are widely used in most industries such as:
– Used in the garment industry such as dyeing, drying and ironing clothes.
– Used in confectionery, food, pharmaceutical factories
– Using boilers used to cook and pasteurize products in product processing factories such as fish sauce, soy sauce or vegetable oil.
– Multi-fuel fluidized bed boilers are applied in the seafood and forest product processing industry.
Thanks to the above advantages, multi-fuel fired fluidized bed industrial boilers are widely used in industry.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCM.
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Da Phuoc, Hamlet 5, Binh Chanh District, HCM.