Learn about drying technology:
Drying technology is the most modern method of preserving and processing agricultural products and food. This stage is considered important in the food production, preservation and processing of agricultural products.
Currently on the market there are many different drying methods, the most prominent are still hot and cold drying methods. These are 2 drying methods to ensure the safety of drying materials with reasonable investment costs.
So which drying method will be suitable for your project? Let’s find out the following information with KS – Boiler that can help you make the best choice.
What is freeze drying?
Freeze drying is a method using the main agent is very dry air at a temperature lower than normal drying temperature with a drying temperature range of 35 – 65 degrees Celsius, the humidity of the drying air is about 10 – 30%.
It can be understood that the refrigeration dryer operates at a lower temperature range than the normal drying temperature, for that reason the drying object will dry faster because the drying air in the machine is dehumidified and very dry.
Refrigeration dryers use a heat pump placed in a drying oven or drying tunnel to scale. The heat pump has a hot end and a cold end, the hot end provides heat for the drying agent, and the cold end is used to dehumidify the drying air. Therefore, the refrigeration dryer is also known as a heat pump dryer.
Features of freeze-drying technology
– Low drying temperature 10 – 60 degrees Celsius, suitable for dried products that need to keep the color, flavor and nutrients in the product.
– Long drying time
– The machine uses a cooling system to separate moisture, separate water vapor from the drying air before being returned to the drying chamber.
– The pressure of the drying chamber is equal to the ambient pressure, so the boiling point of water is 100 degrees
– The cost of the dryer is cheap.
Advantages of the freeze drying method
– Energy saving: cold drying with 1 KW of electricity can separate 3 kg of water.
– The drying speed is faster because the air entering the drying chamber is very dry. If heat drying is over for 10 hours, then with cold drying, the drying time is reduced to 6-8 hours.
– The quality of the dried object is good because it is dried at a lower temperature than usual, the air is dried, so the dried object is not stewed, steamed, and retains its color better than wind heat drying.
Disadvantages of freeze drying method
– Expensive equipment.
– The machine must be imported, so the waiting time is long.
What is hot drying?
Drying is a method of using hot air to dry food, mainly thanks to the high-temperature evaporation of water to make food dry quickly. This is a fairly popular drying method because it is flexible in choosing the source of materials for drying, and at the same time, the investment cost is not too high and is suitable for many businesses.
Heat from the wind separates moisture from the drying object, and the wind carries moisture to the outside. This method has the same principle as the sun drying process, but has a higher drying efficiency due to more even heat and air flow, and the product dries faster.
Hot air circulation drying is widely used in the manufacture of medicines, mainly for the drying of hard, unsliced or powdered medicinal herbs commonly known as traditional medicines. In addition, this drying method is also used to dry other pharmaceutical products such as powdered medicine, granules, effervescent tablets, packaged bottles, etc., or food, and some electronic components.
Hope the above article helps you to consider and choose the type of drying technology that suits your needs and business model.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Hamlet 5, Da Phuoc Commune, Binh Chanh District, HCM