Risks of unsafe work when using boilers
– Pressure explosion (physical explosion): due to the unsafe structure and materials of the boiler, there is no periodic check mode to detect the condition of the equipment structure being unable to withstand pressure.
– Burns: due to hot steam leaking through the lock valves, safety valves, bright water pipes, burning coals splashing through the furnace door,… . .
– Electric shock: due to the electrical equipment attached to the boiler not installed to ensure the correct technical safety.
– The working environment is dusty, hot, not well ventilated, accumulates toxic gases (CO, CO2, . . . )
Technical conditions to ensure labor safety when using boilers.
Article 1: Equipment must be manufactured and installed in accordance with technical safety standards. Before being put into use, it must be inspected by KTAT and registered for use in accordance with regulations. Employers of enterprises must assign responsibility for equipment management to equipment managers in writing.
Article 2: The operation of equipment shall only be assigned to persons aged 18 years or older who are in good health, have been trained and tested to meet the requirements of professional knowledge, and technical procedures for safe operation of equipment. under pressure and must be held accountable in writing by the employer.
Article 3: The management of fixed or mobile boilers. Employers must assign to people with professional qualifications and practical experience approved in writing by the Technical Council of the unit.
Article 4: The management of the boiler and its auxiliary equipment is in accordance with the requirements specified in the State regulation “QPVN 23-81”.
Article 5: Preservation and implementation of maintenance, operation, repair and inspection regimes in accordance with technical procedures.
Article 6:The following safety devices must be provided on the boiler:
– Safety valve: installed according to the design. It is strictly forbidden to install a shut-off valve on the steam pipeline where the safety valve is installed. It is not allowed to reduce the vent hole area of the safety valve. (The steam outlet of the safety valve and the relief valve must be taken to a position that does not pose a danger to people and equipment). Safety valves must be inspected and sealed annually by a competent authority. It is strictly forbidden for the boiler user to calibrate or change the operating parameters of the safety valve.
– Manometer: each device must be installed with 01 manometer at an easy-to-observe position, protected from collisions and must be inspected annually.
– Set of water pipes: includes dark water pipes, light water pipes and locking valves used to check the water level in the boiler. Light water pipes must be shielded to protect against collision, on the body of light water pipes must mark the highest water level and the lowest water level according to the manufacturer’s regulations. There must be a mode of periodically checking the water level indicator electrodes installed inside the dark water tube to ensure good operation.
– Water supply pump: must have enough capacity and suitable pressure and flow to supply water to the boiler during the working process to avoid water shortage leading to boiler overheating causing deformation (risk of causing damage to the boiler). very high explosion). The electrical system of the water pump must be protected against electric leakage.
– Pressure relay: used to control the working pressure of the boiler within the allowable range. The pressure relay must be installed in a suitable position, resist deformation and must be checked periodically.
– Blow-down valve: to discharge water and scale deposits inside the water-storage drill for long-term protection of the boiler. The discharge of water and scale through the boiler blowdown valve is done when the boiler is operating at working pressure. (When blowing down the boiler, pay attention to observe the water level, avoid draining the water leading to trouble).
– Steam release valve: is installed on the pipeline with the steam drill of the boiler, used to release steam during furnace combustion and troubleshooting. The exhaust pipe must be taken to a safe area outside the premises.
Article 7: The boiler house must be well ventilated and drained, with enough space for workers to work, check, operate and clean equipment.
Article 8: Before operating the boiler, workers must fully check the safety devices, electrical systems, pressure gauges and the condition of the locking valves installed on the boiler.
Article 9: Daily cleaning of pressure gauge glass, glass tube glass to easily monitor the water level and pressure of the furnace.
Pressure gauges, water pipes must have lines specifying the allowable water level and vapor pressure.
Article 10: The person directly operating the boiler must always be present when the equipment is in operation, regularly check the operating status of the boiler, the exhaust valves, the operation of the measuring instruments: manometer , safety valve. Operate the boiler in accordance with the unit’s operating procedures. Record the inspection date in the boiler operation log book.
Article 11: Workers who operate boilers are not allowed to work separately, or do jobs that are not related to their responsibilities, or voluntarily leave other places while operating the boiler.
While working, must regularly check the water level, steam pressure in the pipe. If it is unsafe, it must notify the unit’s technical staff for handling.
Article 12: Finished tools must be neatly placed in the specified place. The area around the boiler must be neat and not obstruct the operator during the operation.
Article 13: Boiler cleaning and repair must wait for the boiler to cool down completely, then open the vent door to let people in.
Article 14: Oil-fired boilers, the pipes must be sealed not to leak. If there is spilled oil, wipe it off immediately. Steam pipes and hot water pipes must be covered with insulation.
Article 15: Flammable materials (petroleum) must be kept at least 10m away from the boiler. During the work, do not let the water run out. It is forbidden to pump water into the boiler while it is burning.
Article 16: At the end of the working shift, a diary must be recorded and the safety status of the boiler must be handed over to the next shift.
Article 17:Unregistered boilers are not allowed to be put into operation.
Boilers that do not have sufficient measuring instruments, lack or do not have safety devices or metrological checkers and safety devices are not tested. Boiler safety valves must be regularly checked.
Article 18: It is forbidden to weld and repair boilers and pressure-sensitive parts of equipment while under pressure.
– Put the boiler into operation when the safety valve has not been adjusted and sealed properly; The manometer is not working correctly, the glass is broken, the needle is missing.
– Using the boiler beyond the specifications allowed by the technical safety inspection agency for the equipment.
Article 19: The use of coal-fired boilers must be immediately suspended in the following cases:
– When the pressure in the boiler rises above the allowable limit, although other requirements specified in the equipment operation process are ensured.
– When the safety devices are not perfect.
– When detecting that the main pressure parts of the boiler have cracks, bulges, significant corrosion, deflation, water in joints, welds, torn gaskets, etc.
– When the manometer is damaged and it is not possible to determine the pressure in the boiler by another instrument. Other cases as specified in the unit’s operating procedures.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCMC
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Hamlet 5, Da Phuoc Commune, Binh Chanh District, HCM