What are the types of fluidized bed boilers?
Fluidized bed boiler is a type of boiler with a combustion chamber that burns fuel in a convective moving mixture layer with hydro-gas properties similar to boiling liquids. Fuels used for combustion in fluidized bed furnaces are solid fuels in the form of small particles (coal bran, cashew shells, sawdust, rice husks, agricultural residues, industrial wastes…).
There are many types of fluidized bed boilers, but the two most common are:
Foam fluidized bed boiler: The foam fluidized bed boiler divided into several modules that can change the load easily or stop a zone when needed. However, the low combustion efficiency is suitable for sawdust fuel.
Circulating fluidized bed boiler: A new improvement step and overcome the disadvantages of a foam fluidized bed boiler, with high combustion efficiency, thoroughly burning difficult-to-burn fuels in accordance with abundant fuel sources. The disadvantage is that the structure is very complicated and the initial investment cost is higher.
What are the advantages of a fluidized bed boiler?
– The first outstanding feature is the fluidized bed boiler technology that helps the boiler to completely burn off many secondary fuels and waste products that other boilers cannot meet.
– Second, fluidized bed boiler technology design heat transfer surface smaller and more compact than the old technology, so the heat can be used to the maximum, so that the fuel can be burned completely.
– Heat generated is strong and stable in the range of 800 – 900 degrees Celsius, combustible particles and fuel are often circulated in the boiler combustion chamber environment, so the fuel is guaranteed to burn together and burn out.
– NOx gas emitted during furnace combustion is also much smaller than that of other traditional boiler technologies.
– Fluidized bed boiler technology helps to reduce slag deposition on the surface of the steam generator and convection heat exchanger tubes of the boiler. At the same time, reducing the phenomenon of ash sticking on the surface of equipment at the rear of the boiler.
– Another advantage is that the fuel preparation process is simpler than other methods. The process of feeding fuel into the boiler is easy to mechanize and automate, such as using devices such as conveyors and screws.
– Helps the plant save costs thanks to the ability to completely burn many different fuels.
– Capable of automatic and continuous operation.
– Maximum fuel savings during operation, no fuel consumption when stopping use.
– Environmentally friendly, reducing pollution and toxic waste. Helps save time and energy for oven cleaning.
– Easy to use, easy to operate and start up quickly.
– Low maintenance and repair costs.
– – The cost of maintaining and repairing the fluidized bed boiler is very low. The service life and durability of the fluidized bed boiler is quite high.
With the above-mentioned advantages, fluidized bed boiler is a great choice for application in production work of enterprises
Notes when operating a fluidized bed boiler:
The following points must be followed correctly when operating the boiler:
– Must meet the requirements of feed water when supplying to the boiler. Any deviation in the quality of the water can lead to some serious problems during operation caused by the deposition of dirt…
– Never let the water level in the water pipe not be observed.
– The motor of the fan / pump is large enough to meet the load (at working temperature) to avoid overloading the motor.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Facebook Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City.
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Da Phuoc, Hamlet 5, Binh Chanh District, HCM.