Steam is one of the versatile gases that can be used to serve a variety of activities in life and production. One of the most wonderful applications of steam for the development of economic fields today is the boiler on ships with outstanding features in both design and use.
What is a boiler on a ship?
Boiler is known as one of the equipment that works mainly by steam, when the fuel is burned, the pressure inside the machine increases, from there, the fuel will be converted into energy to support. for the device boot process.
Boilers on ships operate by using fuel energy, in high pressure environment, the heat will convert water into steam to create energy for the main engine to operate, the auxiliary spare parts and auxiliary engines will also move to meet the daily needs of mariners on the ship.
The role of boilers on ships:
Currently, steam has been and is being used very commonly in industries. You can see the presence of steam in the fields of life such as energy, processing, manufacturing…. Besides, it also contributes to people’s daily needs such as drying, heating. , heat…
According to some statistics on energy sources, steam is very commonly used. As for ships, steam has also been used on ships to create propulsion. And that is also the condition that helps ship boilers come into existence and develop. It is used to serve the production process of the machines, the crew’s activities, or other needs.
In other words, a ship’s boiler is a device that can convert steam into heat by burning fuel. On ships, however, it is used as an auxiliary device. The new turbine is the device used to drive other auxiliary machines.
In terms of function, the boiler is a very necessary heat exchanger. In it, there is a heat exchange process between the two main types of medium, water and the furnace. In other words, it is also a type of heat exchanger with phase change. Specifically, the change from liquid phase to vapor phase. However, compared to industrial boilers, ship boilers have many differences. This is because it is equipped with many equipment to meet the needs of use on ships.
Mandatory requirements for boilers on ships:
With the characteristics of the environment used on ships, this type of boiler needs to meet the following requirements.
– Safety: This is a particularly important factor to ensure the process and safety on board. Because if something goes wrong, it will endanger the crew, affect the operation of the ship… Therefore, for ships, there are only types of boilers that are durable, sturdy and have been thoroughly tested. new dual used.
– Compact size and easy layout. This will ensure the usable area as well as expand the operating range of the ship. And at the same time will also reduce weight.
– Simple structure and easy to repair: The type of boiler must be suitable for the engineers on board, so it needs to be the simplest.
– Economy: This is reflected in the point, ensuring efficiency, fuel consumption, service life and maintenance cycle.
– Mobility: Mobility is reflected in the point, the burning time needs to be fast to be able to reduce fuel consumption and life expectancy.
And you also need to pay attention that the types of boilers in ships will not be the same. And that’s why you need to install the most suitable types.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCM.
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Da Phuoc, Hamlet 5, Binh Chanh District, HCM.