Currently, on the market, there are many models of mud presses suitable for the needs of sludge treatment in industrial parks, factories, factories, etc. Here, KS Boiler will introduce to you 3 types of mud presses. The most popular!
1. Conveyor slurry press:
Conveyor slurry press is a new type of slurry press that works on the principle of using the pressure of the rollers on the conveyor belt to force the sludge, the sludge is pressed out in the form of thin, strong and quick-drying plates. Clean water will pass through the openings of the conveyor belt and collect it out. Conveyor presses are economical, continuous presses for places where humidity does not need to be too low.
When the conveyor belt press is in operation, this amount of sludge will be retained on the surface of the belt and removed to the press head. The sludge after pressing has a cake shape, with a moisture content of 60-85% (depending on the composition and nature of the input sludge). The amount of water separated after percolating through the filter cloths of the conveyor belt press will continue to be recovered and returned to the wastewater tank to wait for reprocessing.
– Continuous operation, suitable for industrial use;
– Small machine installation area, saving space;
– High operating costs, labor-intensive
– Must change and wash the filter cloth continuously
– Complex machine structure with many details
– The moisture content of the sludge after pressing is very high
– The cost of maintenance and repair is quite expensive (greater than the plate frame mud press).
2. Multi-disc screw slurry press:
The multi-disc screw slurry press is a device used at the end of the wastewater treatment process. And with special types of sludge such as: Mining mud ( coal, metal plating, ore mines or particularly difficult to press mud ) cannot be used with conventional machines ( conveyors, plate frames ) but must be used. to the screw press.
– Smooth, gentle, continuous operation
– Good body material, so it is durable, resistant to harsh environments
– The dryness of the mud cake is high
– Easy to operate.
– High initial cost (2.5 times higher than similar machines)
– Very low yield
– Maintenance is complicated, components are not available.
3. Plate frame mud press:
Slurry press is usually located in the final stage of the wastewater treatment system and is an indispensable device with the role of condensing liquid sludge into sludge cake to facilitate storage and reduce transportation costs. sludge to the next treatment site. The filter press-treated sludge has lower moisture content, as well as less pollution to the surrounding environment.
– Low operating costs, easy operation does not require highly qualified workers
– Less power consumption
– No operator needed
– Low cost of maintenance, repair and replacement of components
– Simple machine structure, easy to assemble and low investment cost
– Suitable for all types of sludge such as: domestic sludge, chemical sludge, ore sludge, mineral mud…
– Easy to change the dryness of the mud cake, easy to change the machine capacity by adding or reducing the conveyor
– The mud cake has the largest dryness in the mud presses.
– Non-continuous operation due to batch operation characteristics
– The machine needs a large installation area, occupying the area to place the machine
– Completely manual mud removal costs labor
To overcome this rather manual operation problem, ngta has designed an additional automatic sludge removal moving unit. After pressing, this part will move to each plate frame and separate 2 adjacent slab frames. Repeat this way until the frame is exhausted.
Above are a few of our sharing of 3 common types of mud presses on the market today. However, no matter how well the mud press works, the sludge after pressing still has to be treated. To reduce the amount of sludge the only way is to reduce the bottom sludge from the wastewater treatment stage. KS Boiler would like to introduce to everyone a solution to treat bottom sludge more effectively than the 3 types of mud presses mentioned above