Causes of boiler destruction
– Impacts on the pipe wall
– Stand by is not correct
– Over water
– Poor water treatment
– Over-capacity operation
– Incorrect bottom discharge
– Improper heating
– Contaminated water supply
– Explosion of fuel in the combustion chamber
How to fix errors that cause boiler destruction
Impacts on the pipe wall:
– Avoid strong impact on the pipe wall when manufacturing, maintaining and repairing. Check and repair if necessary.
– If possible, leave the boiler on standby in a hot condition to prevent corrosion.
– Treat the water supply and clean the oven when not in use.
Stand by is not correct
In a normal production process, the boiler is not operated continuously, but there are stand-by times. This stage is the right time for the corrosion process to occur causing boiler destruction. Coal soot adheres to the wall and absorbs moisture, causing local corrosion.
If possible, keep boilers on standby in hot conditions to prevent corrosion. In this standby state, the water level in the boiler must be full. The concentration of sodium sulfite in the feed water should not exceed 100 ppm. When furnace pressure drops, increase furnace pressure by about 5 psi from a backup nitrogen source to prevent Oxygen from entering the boiler.
– Regularly check the effect of the water depletion sensor. Clean scale deposits on sensors.
– Regularly clean and check the water pipes to avoid completely depending on the automatic system.
– Install more water supply pump if the capacity is not guaranteed.
Poor water treatment
– Analyze water sources to find out how to remove harmful impurities.
– Select water treatment system, water softening chemicals suitable for the boiler in operation.
– Flush regularly.
– Periodically clean the scale inside the boiler (furnace tube, fire tube, ball surface …)
– Never supply untreated water to the boiler.
The problem of water treatment is very important in the process of using the boiler. The main cause of boiler destruction.
Operating over capacity
– Ancillary equipment (water pump, pipeline, water treatment system …. in the system will not operate well if the boiler runs beyond capacity.
– Only operate the boiler at the maximum allowable capacity specified by the process.
Improper bottom discharge
– The concentration of solids in the feed water is accumulated inside the boiler during operation.
– Proper blowdown to maintain the concentration of solids inside the boiler within permissible limits.
– The continuous blowdown helps to remove other impurities (mud, dirt due to the introduced insulation …)
It is possible that due to pressure from the producer or the manager, the boiler heating process is not following the correct procedure. Boilers are made from a variety of materials with different thicknesses and properties. Therefore, when operating improperly, it will cause asynchronous thermal expansion leading to cracks in joints, welds or geometrical deformations such as warping, warping, etc.
The boiler heating curve does not raise the boiler water temperature beyond 37°C (100°F) in 1 hour.
To overcome this problem, the user unit must strictly follow the operating procedure. Regular training and training for boiler operators is a way to increase life expectancy and reduce maintenance and repair costs.
Contaminated water supply
– Control the water treatment system, control the amount of chemicals put in.
– Train and train operators to raise awareness and responsibility in operating the boiler feed water treatment system.
Fuel explosion in the combustion chamber
– Explosion of fuel in the combustion chamber due to rich fuel:The only way to overcome this phenomenon is to wait for the temperature of the combustion chamber to decrease and then proceed to clean the excess fuel in the combustion chamber.
– Oil mist is not guaranteed:Overcome this phenomenon by regularly cleaning the oil injector, adjusting the oil pump pressure as well as choosing the right temperature and viscosity.
– Blocked oil pipe: The solution to this problem is to find out the cause of the fuel source blockage, clean the combustion chamber to operate the boiler again.
KS – Boiler specializes in manufacturing, installing and maintaining industrial boilers:
Fanpage Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksboilercompany
Hotline: 1900 055 595
Office address: No. 9A, Street 73, Tan Quy Dong Residential Area, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, HCM.
Factory address: E2/52 B1 Da Phuoc, Hamlet 5, Binh Chanh District, HCM