In the industry, especially the manufacturing industries that use heat, the fluidized bed boiler is an indispensable production machine. The heat generated in the fluidized bed boiler is widely used in many different fields. The boiler ensures a huge amount of heat without polluting the environment, so it is preferred by investors.
It’s popular, but not sure everyone knows well about boilers, why will KS Boiler share an overview of what is a fluidized bed boiler? It is applied in any field.
A. Fluidized bed boiler overview
1. What is a fluidized bed boiler?
Fluidized bed boiler is an industrial boiler that uses a fluidized bed combustion chamber including: Lots of sand, slag and special materials,… Use of fuel combustion. In particular, the boiler’s combustion chamber is designed to perfectly harmonize in all fuel burning areas, so when the fuel is completely burned, the heat of the combustion chamber does not increase too high to help optimize the amount of toxic gas emissions. outside.
2. Outstanding advantages of fluidized bed boiler
Fluidized bed boilers are favored by the fields of industry, processing and production, because this is also the most modern boiler technology and has the most advantages today such as:
- Saving fuel costs with the ability to burn a variety of materials, it is worth mentioning that industrial wastes are also used as raw materials for this boiler.
- Fuel economy with the ability to take full advantage of the fuel source and leave no excess fuel.
- Diversify fuels and change fuels easily but without changing the furnace structure.
- The temperature generated by the boiler is above about 900 degrees and the heat supply is stable.
- The fluidized bed boiler is equipped with a modern industrial filter according to international standards, which can clean up to 99% of dust emissions during use.
- Specially designed to help the steam generators placed inside the fire chamber and the surface of the tubes embedded inside the furnace not to slag. Ash deposition on the heat conduction surfaces of the furnace tail is also significantly limited.
- Maintenance and repair costs are low to moderate.
- Fluidized bed boilers are extremely durable and long-lasting.
3. Disadvantages of fluidized bed boiler
The utility advantage is that but everything has its downside, fluidized bed boilers have the following disadvantages:
- Commonly used in industrial production plants, not much used in thermal power plants.
- The biggest weakness of the boiler is that it can only use small and uniform combustion fuels.
4. Fluidized bed boilers are classified according to
- Classification by capacity: Fluidized bed boilers are classified from 1 – 50 tons/hour.
- Classification by fuel: Boilers burn coal, firewood, rice husks, oil, gas, sawdust, cashew shells, biomass,…
- Fluidized bed boilers are divided into 2 types: circulating boiler combustion chamber, non-circulating fluidized bed boiler combustion chamber.
B. Fluidized bed boiler is applied in
In industries, we see the presence of fluidized bed boilers in production and processing applications. Businesses often use boilers such as:
- Food factory, feed for livestock and poultry.
- Factory producing concrete, mechanics, wood,…
- Thermal power plants.
- Textile, rubber, sugar, paper, packaging factories…
C. Things to pay attention to when operating boilers (including fluidized bed boilers)
The convenience and efficiency of the boiler make us forget about its dangerous risks. In the following, we will talk about the dangers that come from the boiler:
- Boiler explosion: The damage it causes is well known, with a machine with extremely high pressure, the risk of damage it leads to is indescribable. Therefore, the operating boilers need to be regularly checked, periodically maintained by boiler repair and maintenance suppliers. You must also ensure the quality of the input materials to avoid boiler explosion.
- Burns: The boiler operates with a large capacity and always carries a huge amount of heat, so once this heat is leaked to the outside, it will cause severe burns to the user and possibly death. When operating, you need to pay attention to locations prone to heat leakage such as locking valves, safety valves,… In boilers with charcoal-burning combustion chambers, the burning fuels can shoot out causing burns.
- Electric shock: Electrical equipment installed with the boiler with unsafe technical standards is the main cause of electric shock and death for users.
- Gas poisoning: The boiler waste cannot fail to mention toxic gases such as CO, CO2,… These gases can cause poisoning and lead to death, not only that, the dust and smoke also make people around suffocate and difficult to breathe. The best solution is that you need to choose a boiler that meets the standards of exhaust gas treatment that can filter out the dust and toxic gases of the boiler.